Home

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pampanga with UERM Section of Dermatology

As a part of our Medicine OPD rotation, we get to have 2-3 rotations with UERM Section of Dermatology. Luckily, when they had their 12th postgraduate course at Pampanga, I was their clinical clerk rotator.

Photo c/o PDS

The 12th postgraduate course entitled Dermatology Essentials in General Practice was held last October 20 (Thursday) at the Oasis Hotel in Angeles City, Pampanga.



This postgrad happened to be my first out-of-town postgrad. It was so fun although I am not really into Derma (as I find it hard describing and diagnosing skin lesions). Also, this post grad happened on the last day of my 20-day dutyfree rotation.

I get kilig everytime I see my name with an MD in it. <3

NLEX. It has almost been a year since I last saw yo

Crappy photo pfft. Anyway, Mallari roots from Pampanga although mine's from Bataan.
Trivia: Mallari is named after Apung Mallari, a Pampangan God.

Oasis Hotel. The place is actually nice. Their food is even better.
I wasn't able to take photos of the food coz I thought it was dyahe  because of  the doctors around.


Dr. Gilbert Yang , Head of UERM Section of Dermatology

PDS President Dr. Teresita Gabriel discussing on steroid use.
I love her shoes!
Steroids is commonly used in the practice of dermatology. Steroids works well  in relieving inflammation.
Dr. Carol Montano gives us a more detailed discussion on rational steroid use.
I give emphasis on the word rational.
Dr. Bernadette Arcilla lectures on Scabies and Pediculosis. After her lecture, I feel itchy.
Dr. Nancy Garcia-Tan talks about a very interesting topic on cosmetic dermatology.

Who doesn't know Dr. Jaime Galvez-Tan?

His new book is available at all NBS and Full Booked stores.
Tinospora rumphi aka Makabuhay

Dr. Camille Angeles
Dr. Cindy Jao-Tan discussed about Pediatric Dermatology
With the Derma Senior Interns and my co-clinical clerk Mikki.
They happen to be our SIs when we were still  rotating in Pedia.
(Photo c/o Sir Ken (front row, left)

With Mikki
With Sir Ken and Mikki.
What I wore: Dress, Oxygene; UERM jacket; shoes, Wade

Bag full of freebies: bags, pens, notebooks, and physician samples of lots of creams and ointments! Hehe.

Thank you so much, gorgeous people of Derma! I learned a lot from this postgrad.

No comments:

Post a Comment